- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.
- And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom. And the favour of God was upon him.
- And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people.
- He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth.
- Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, he was buried and he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.
- And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight.
- God the Father of glory seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come.
- Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
JESUS CHRIST IS KING!
Many who celebrate Christmas tend to focus a little too much on the periphery and things that have nothing to do with Christ’s story which is the gospel. Christmas can be all tinsel, food, families getting together, joy and peace and good-will and all’s right with the world.
Not that there’s anything wrong with those things, perhaps just the focus.
But Christ’s story is an everlasting one. It is not just for the season. The tinsel fades, the leftovers get chucked in the bin, the tree is taken to the tip or packed away until next time.
But the Bible verses above, which would make any creed pale into insignificance, tell the everlasting story of the one born King of the Jews, Saviour of the world.